Lead Patient Access Specialist
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
Reporting to the Clinic Operations Manager. This position will require a friendly, motivated, experienced customer service individual to serve as a Lead Medical Patient Access Specialist position. The person will be responsible for heavy phone volume and assisting patient and physician office staff in scheduling appointments using a computerized scheduling system in a Call Center environment. The ideal candidate will possess the experience above, as well as a passion for carrying out our mission: “Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration, and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer healthier and happier lives.”
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Answer high volume calls, directing to appropriate individuals or departments via phone or email.
- Ensure accurate and timely screening and scheduling of all patients.
- Schedule appointments accurately maximizing practitioners’ time and making sure that the patient is placed in the appropriate appointment template for their medical needs or request.
- Handle incoming patient telephone calls, messages & schedule appointments, and provides accurate information to patients. Observe positive customer service standards at all times in dealing with patients.
- Defuse and handle difficult patient interactions, answer questions, and respond to complaints professionally and provide resolution.
- Check insurance eligibility and demonstrate knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Set up new charts, file and fax requested information according to procedures and processes.
- Answer questions regarding clinic services and appointment related information; direct unrelated questions to appropriate staff via email.
- Confirm or cancel appointments in accordance with Clinic policies and processes.
- Other duties may be assigned, are required.
- High School diploma or the equivalent. Graduation from a medical reception or billing program preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Pleasant positive attitude, a professional appearance, and a willingness to assign high priority to patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail and must strive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of EMR applications desirable
- Experience working with LGTBQ community a plus.
- Experience working with Men’s health a plus.
- Experience working with HIV prevention a plus.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must take yearly flu shot or wear flu mask during flu season for patient facing positions and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.