Prevention Care Coordinator - Program Manager
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Public Programs (or his designee), the Prevention Care Coordination (“PCC”) Program Manager provides oversight and management of program operations; supervises and supports program staff; collaborates with Men’s Health Foundation leadership to develop and implement strategic goals for the program and represents the PCC Program in the community and within the MHF organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Provide direct, on-site management of PCC services to ensure the program is implemented according to MHF policies, procedures, protocols and grant requirements.
- Provide leadership and supervision to PCC program staff, including performance feedback and mentorship; and ensure all staff members provide consistent, high-quality services for program clients and participants.
- Build and maintain PCC operations and ensure that the program meets all grant-required goals and objectives.
- Step-in to provide direct services as needed.
- Proactively identify and address barriers to program success in collaboration with Public Programs and Medical Unit leadership, including the implementation of evidence-based behavioral and public health interventions to ensure client/patient adherence to program/service requirements.
- Work with the MHF leadership to develop and implement a long-term strategy to expand the PCC program to meet the evolving needs of the target populations.
- Represent Men’s Health Foundation at professional events, building relationships with community partners to expand awareness of the MHF’s PCC Program.
- Collaborate with MHF staff from other program to ensure the PCC program functions as an integral part of MHF’s suite of health care services.
- Monitor utilization and quality of services and ensure compliance with contract terms as well as all state county, and federal standards and regulations.
- Prepare monthly reports as required and requested on contract compliance activities and program outcomes.
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- A master degree in social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or public health.
- At least six years of working in HIV prevention, including two years of experience in HIV pre and post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP).
- Experience in working with people living with HIV.
- Strong track record of working with LGBTQ individuals and communities,
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills for frequent contact with internal customers and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with proactive style, taking initiative to identify and address potential issues.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; systems thinking.
- Technology and software savvy; ability to utilize MS Office Suite and Project Management software/programs.
- Ability to lead and positively influence a diverse team of individuals with strong connections to the community and with varying levels of professional experience. Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
- Strong commitment to the Mission and Vision of Men’s Health Foundation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to people of diverse races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, nationalities, economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, housing status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must have skills in research and development of operating policies and procedures.