Accountant - Payroll Experience
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
Reporting to the Controller, The Accountant is responsible for performing various accounting functions to include preparation of the monthly financial statements, maintaining and analyzing all account and bank reconciliations, payroll, cash receipts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Cash management:
- Update cash log on a daily basis
- Monthly revenue/expense forecasting
- Prepare and file vendor 1099’s
- Month End Entries:
- Responsible for accounts receivable GL entries, all account and bank reconciliation, payroll reconciliation and other month-end close activities including preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules in accordance with monthly company procedures
- Payroll processing:
- Ensure payroll is conducted accurately, on time, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties include updating and compiling timesheets, verifying payroll with payroll system
- Payroll expense allocation among various programs and departments
- Reconcile timesheets with check register to ensure records are correct
- Handle inquiries from employees regarding payroll related items
- Work with the Director of HR on special projects/audits as needed
- Maintain all payroll related records such as quarterly reports, W-2’s, payroll 1099’s
- Payroll manual checks supervision.
- Assist in monitoring of annual budget by location, reports for Grantee and State/County agencies and other miscellaneous projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting a plus or at least 5 years of experience in the accounting field.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Effective problem resolution.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and different locations if needed.
- Must take yearly flu shot and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.