IT Manager - Healthcare
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
The Information Technology Manager (IT MANAGER) is responsible for all Technology Support and Transformation matters of Men’s Health Foundation (MHF). The IT MANAGER will report to the Information Technology Director (IT DIRECTOR) and work closely with non-management staff as well as Managers, Directors and other Senior Leadership to drive technology implementation and adoption. S/he will assist the IT DIRECTOR in developing and executing information technology strategies across the organization critical for cost-effective operations and long-term strategic success. S/he will assist the IT DIRECTOR in leading and coaching a staff of technology professionals, creating a high-performing team, and will also lead and coach others in the organization for maximizing efficiency via the use of technology-based systems and processes. S/he must adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-driven workplace.
The IT MANAGER is charged with carrying out directives involving technology-oriented best practices across the organization, and positioning MHF as a leader in health care-related technology innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Commitment to IT excellence and adhering to the high standards involved with managing the IT/Information Systems (IS) dept.
- Assists with development of efficient systems to improve clinic operations and increase revenue from patient care services.
- Ensures tenants of IT infrastructure meet/exceed internal requirements as they relate to clinical and administrative operations.
- Assists with identification, planning and modification of existing non-compliant technical hardware and software systems.
- Guides and assists with implementation strategies for Electronic Health Records along with other key systems and initiatives.
- Uses experience and expertise to recommend and administer best practices in congruence with organizational mission and objectives.
- Assists with the development of Policies and Procedures for both standard internal (NIST) and HIPAA Security Compliance.
- Develop and adhere to best practices throughout the organization especially as they apply to clinic operations, infrastructure management and operating plans.
- Evaluate business processes, creates efficient procedures and establishes consistent standards throughout the organization.
- Meets with all direct reports on a regular basis and adjusts action items to align with objectives for high performance team operating, holds senior staff accountable for all assignments/tasks with reasonable metrics.
- Keeps IT DIRECTOR informed of relevant and important operational issues on a regular basis.
- Direct and implement monitoring tools, metrics, reporting structures and trend analysis to track and manage minimal service downtime and optimal performance.
- Stays up to date on any and all legal matters pertaining to clinic operations and/or other department issues.
- Stays up to date on IT/IS Technology as they relate to the organization.
- Assists with selection and retention of IT personnel to ensure stability and continuity throughout the department.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical documentation, including change management and workflow processes.
- Lead Help Desk staff: assign tasks and monitor task statuses.
- Other duties may be required, as needed.
The IT MANAGER will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 5 years of broad technology and information systems-related experience, ideally experienced in IT Project Management roles, along with experience developing and managing all facets of IT infrastructures. S/he must have experience managing IT divisions of complex organizations with a mix of strategic, tactical and service responsibilities.
- 5+ Years’ recent experience contributing to strategic development, planning and execution of Information Technology and Information Systems.
- 5+ Years’ recent experience contributing to the management of Information Technology/Information Systems support, implementation and administration.
- 5+ Years’ recent experience within the Healthcare industry, community clinics and/or health centers preferred.
- 5+ Years’ recent experience with vendor/consultant/stakeholder management, cultivating strategic business relationships.
- 5+ Years’ recent experience managing internal IT staff resources, providing guidance and coaching to foster a collaborative and synergistic IT department.
- Master’s degree in relative technology/business field, or equivalent combination of experience, certifications and education.
- Significant experience successfully managing multiple IT/IS projects spanning a diverse array of systems within various departments.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records systems, Allscripts PM/Clinical preferred.
- Experience managing general tenants of IT Infrastructure – security, backups (DR/BC), mission critical systems, LAN/WAN, customer service (end users).
- Experience developing or contributing to IT policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with interoperability platforms such as Health Information Exchange, HL7, and FHIR.
- Exemplary organizational, adaptation and flexibility skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Familiarity with database administration fundamentals.
- Understanding of HIPAA Security compliance. (Preferred)
- Understanding of ITIL. (Preferred)
- Understanding of LEAN. (Preferred)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must take yearly flu shot and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.