Physician Assistant - Nurse Practitioner - Express HIV STD Services
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
This position will work in Rapid Results Express HIV and STD Clinics which seek to promote sexual health and wellness. The Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner reports to the Chief Medical Officer and works under the supervision of a Physician. Responsible for managing patients individualized health plan to promote and restore patients' health with a focus on screening and preventing HIV/STD infections, treating STIs, and offering Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). This includes diagnosing and counseling patients on their current medical condition, setting up an effective treatment plan, educating patients on preventative health measures, and encourage annual and semi-annual physicals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- STI screening, timely diagnosis, treatment, and patient and partner education.
- Provide / link to pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis.
- Care coordination for primary care.
- Diagnosis, management, and treatment of disease.
- Patient education.
- Link patients to primary care as needed.
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Timely documentation and recording in the electronic health record of medical history, symptoms, treatment plan, and patient education.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing care plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues.
- Detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Consult with healthcare professionals.
- Educate patients on managing illnesses and/or disease prevention.
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- Nationally recognized certificate as advance practice nursing or physician assistant
- Active California medical board license.
- Final year student or graduation from a Physician Assistant training program or Nurse Practitioner
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Proficient with electronic health records. Experience with tele-medicine preferred.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- Effective communicator in verbal and written form. Required to communicate with with patient and or patient representatives or community partners at various levels, e. g. patients, family members, physicians, and insurers.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPPA and OSHA.
- Experience in the HIV/AIDS, STIs, Hepatitis C and chronic diseases care/ management preferred.
- Basic knowledge of other infectious diseases and state/ federal reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effects of psychosocial needs, trauma history, and cognitive/behavioral/motivational functioning on health-related behavior and exhibit ability to intervene appropriately and effectively.
- Demonstrate appropriate level of behavioral maturity and patience in handling a variety of patient types and needs.
- Possess skill set for diplomacy and tact when encountering difficult and irate patients.
- Ability to work effectively with men and transgender women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientation in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must take yearly flu vaccination or follow appropriate infection control measures during flu season and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Must consent to organization wide testing for COVID-19 and adhere to all infection control measures to reduce the spread of COVID 19